Saturday, August 27, 2011

Blog Post #1

My name is Kayla Williams and I was born and raised in Mobile, Al. I am a southern girl who loves Mobile and all it has to offer and I plan to reside here when I complete school and start my career as a 2nd grade teacher. When i first entered into my freshman year of college, I attended the University of Alabama at Birmingham. After completing one and a half years there, I made the decision to move back home and transfer to the University of South Alabama. Fall 2011 is my third semester attending South Alabama and so far, I am enjoying the journey towards becoming a teacher.

I believe myself to be a very silly person and I love to have fun and just enjoy life. Sometimes school may become too stressful, but I always try to look at situations in a positive way. I enjoy singing, even tho I am very shy and reserved when it comes to singing in public. My biggest accomplishment in my life thus far and my greatest joy is being a mother. I have a 16 month old daughter named Morganne. She is the reason that I work so hard and strive to become successful. In fact, she is part of the reason that I chose elementary education as my major. I am thrilled every time I teach her something new and she understands. Just the other day, I asked her where her nose, eyes, ears, and mouth were and she pointed them all out to me without any hesitation. The same excitement I find in teaching new things to my daughter, I will find teaching to my students. Helping others is a passion of mine and I believe that teaching is one of the most respectable and rewarding careers that one could have.

Response to Randy Pausch on Time Management

Randy Pausch offered many interesting points on time management and setting goals that I had never thought of before. Personally, I have always been one to wait until the last minute to do assignments. However, as I progressed in college I realized that the more I procrastinated, the lousier my work was. Pausch reminded me that it was important to have a plan, and even if I changed things along the way, at least I still had a plan that was guiding me in the right direction. Pausch also listed important steps to follow when completing a task. One that I remembered most was that he said to complete the "ugliest" one first. I couldn't agree more. If you have a long list of things to do and you get the hardest tasks done first, it is much easier to complete the rest because the worst is already over.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to EDM310 where procrastination certainly will not work!

    Did you look for any additional information about Dr. Pausch?

    ReplyDelete