Sunday, November 13, 2011

Blog Post #12

I started to think about a blog assignment that I could create for the EDM 310 students to complete. I often think about how much teachers give and give, and hardly ever received. I thought about all the teachers that I've ever had throughout my educational years, and so many of them have dedicated so much of their life and time to their students. They have inspired and gave me hope. I believe that it would be such a great gift to a teacher if a student wrote a letter to them an expressed how much they've inspired them and encouraged them to become a teacher. The assignment for this blog post is as follows:

1. Watch the Youtube video "Starfish an inspirational message for all teachers" I thought this video had such an inspiring message for all future teachers.

2. Think about a teacher in the past who has inspired you. Whether it was to become a teacher, to strive to do your best in school, or in any other aspect of your life. Write a letter explaining how they have inspired you and what are your future goals as a teacher. Also express how you would take what you have learned from this teacher and implement it into your own classroom

3. This part is completely optional but if you are still able to get in touch with the teacher, you may email the link of your blog to your teacher so that they may see the wonderful words you have written about them. I'm sure they will be delighted and it would be so awesome to see different comments that various teachers would leave on the different blog posts.

Here's my letter to my 2nd grade teacher...

Mrs. Strope,

It seems like ages ago when I was a shy little seven year old entering your 2nd grade class. Soon my nervousness turned into excitement as I looked forward to coming to your class every day. Now that I look back on my younger years, you were truly an inspiration to me and one of the best teachers that I've ever had. You were so patient with me and kind. When other teachers wrote me off as just a "talkative" student, you realized that I had so much potential and that I was a gifted student. I am so thankful for you taking the extra time to buy workbooks for me when I finished my classwork early, and even giving me treats when I completed a workbook. I didn't realize it then, but now I understand how much of a difference that made. It inspired me to work harder, because the rewards of my hard work would be that much greater. I'm sure you would be happy to know that I am now majoring in teaching at the University of South Alabama. I learned so much from teachers in my years of school, and in return I want to pass those things along to my future students. I want to be able to be a role model for them and to inspire them just as you've inspired me. I want to help every student that I can and inspire them to never give up. This is what I try to tell myself every day. Thank you so much for being the role model that I needed.

2 comments:

  1. Kayla,

    This is so sweet! I love it!

    Rebekah Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kayla,
    I thought your idea was wonderful. I think you are so right we never give teachers the appreciation they truly deserve. This was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete